: Player Information :
The Maple Leaf Junior Golf Tour is proud to be the most-played junior golf tour in Canada, the only national junior tour run exclusively by PGA of Canada Professionals, and the road to college golf for aspiring young men and women who are looking to earn a scholarship through competitive junior golf.
In 2014, the MJT will coordinate and host 60+ events in a tour quality environment. The MJT also offers international opportunities which expand junior golfers' resumes.
With the support of many great sponsors, the MJT is pleased to provide an excellent list of member benefits for the annual membership fee, which helps support junior golf at the grass roots level (Ford Go! Golf Clinics), the club level (MJT Interclub Competitions), and competitive level (Provincial / National / International events).
2014 Member Benefits
- MJT Member Gift Package which offers the best value for your annual membership in the country. Consists of a 2014 MJT Tournament Kit - all you will need to get started on your tournament golf career - that includes a MJT Scorecard Holder, MJT Tees, MJT Pencil, MJT Mini-Sharpie marker, MJT 'Poker chip' Ball Marker and MJT Metal Divot Tool – all packaged in a MJT valuables pouch
- MJT Performance Towel
- MJT Bag Tag
- MJT Lanyard
- Digital subscription to Golfweek Magazine ($39 value)
- Frequent Player Bonus – TBC for every 3 multi-day MJT events that you compete in during the 2014 season.
PLUS: 2014 Member Collegiate Benefits (available to all members, no additional membership required)
- Exclusive access to recruityourself2college (RY2C), a cutting edge recruitment tool that is self-directed, approach that guides you through the entire college golf recruiting process and confusing task of recruiting yourself to prospective schools in Canada and the United States.
- Monthly recruitment articles and help guides from RY2C
- Access to MJT College Coaches Corner (new in April 2014) where players will post their bio, stats, resume and a swing video that college coaches will have exclusive access.
- ½ hour free consultation with MJT College Golf Recruiting and Consultation
- Access to the Ping College Guide at a reduced rate ($40.00)
- Scholarship Awards including the $1,000 Cleveland Golf Canada Scholarship Award. The MJT Scholarship & International Team Travel Fund also supports many additional awards
- Junior Golf Scoreboard Rankings for all multi-day events in 2014
- AJGA PBE Performance Stars for major events run in 2014 (see tournament pages)
- Sundog Eyewear Skills Competition at every event
- Mr. Lube Long Drive Competition at every event
- Golftown Comeback Award at every multi-day event
- Cleveland Golf Player of the Year Awards in each age division
- Top tournament benefits including a great tee gift, medals and prizes for top finishers from sponsors such as Cleveland Golf/SRIXON Canada, Mr. Lube, Loft 8, Sundog Eyewear, Canterbury Golf and Boston Pizza, a host of draw prizes as well as range balls*, Boston Pizza*, Gatorade (the Official Energy Drink of the MJT) and Quaker Chewy Bars (the Official Snack of the MJT)! *where available
- National MJT Cleveland Golf Order of Merit Rankings with points awarded to every MJT member for every tournament played in 2014. Major qualifying points are awarded at each MJT PGA of Canada Junior Championship Series event; regular points are awarded at every multi-day event. National rankings, based on point ratings from best three multi-day events, will determine invitations to the MJT National Championship. **Please note only multi day tournaments will determine invitations to the MJT National Championship.**
- Exemptions into top international tournaments including exclusive spots on MJT Team Canada. Travel Underwriters, Official International Events Partner of the MJT, assists with uniform funding, so together with the general fundraising efforts of the MJT, players and non-playing Team Captains/chaperones receive uniforms and travel assistance monies.
- PGA of Canada Professionals run the MJT's highly organized and professional tour quality events at championship venues.
- The highly qualified staff have first-hand experience playing professionally in PGA Tour, Nationwide, Canadian, Australasian and South African PGA events, plus staffers have been recognized by their peers as Junior Leaders of the Year, Provincial and National Teachers of the Year and Players of the Year in their respective regions.
- Subscription to the MJT’s digital TourTimes newsletter, distributed four times per year offering insight to upcoming events and specials, membership opportunities, college golf advice, and ad hoc member offers throughout the season with MJT Sponsor / Product Partners.
- Accommodation Specials through the MJT's partnership with at least 16 hotel chains in North America, with a portion of all bookings going to the MJT's Scholarship and International Team Travel Fund! Choose from Microtel Inns & Suites, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, Baymont Inn & Suites, Days Inn, Howard Johnson, Knights Inn, Ramada, Super 8, Travelodge, Wingate Inn to name a few. Book using the Wyndham Sports Member Benefit Line at 1-800-364-6176 or online: MJT Host Hotel Booking Link. For MJT rate, which is 15% off the best available rate*, use I.D. Code #1000000098 (1, followed by 7 zereos, then 98). Everyone wins when you use this service for all your year-round travel needs - so book now! *For program details please visit the sponsor section on this website.